BECOME YOUR BEST SELF
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body.
The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
For additional information contact our Wellness Coordinator, Hope Varela, at email@example.com or 785.404.4028
Get Started is a series of complimentary sessions with our trained wellness staff to help you achieve your health goals.
All Group Exercise classes are free with membership! Try a class either on land or in the water.
Our certified wellness trainers are here to help you on your fitness journey!
Parkinson's Exercise Class
Free Community class for those diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. The class will work with weights, bands, gait and brain training.
The class encourages the caregivers to be active during the class whether performing the exercises themselves or assisting with specific activities such as focus mitts. The importance of caregivers to take care of themselves and workout to help relieve their physical and mental stress is important for them and their loved ones.
For more infromation,
Contact Ellen Hogeland at 785.404.4028
Youth Fitness Training
FIT. FUN. FOCUS.
Youth ages 10-13 must complete this course in order to use the wellness center equipment. (Excludes any free weights)
There is a minimal fee for this class.
TRAINING SESSIONS INCLUDES
- The educational experience provides guidelines on cardiovascular and strength exercises.
- Demonstrations on the Schwan’s Wellness Center floor.
- Wellness center safety, etiquette and more.
FREE WEIGHT ORIENTATION
- Ages 10-13 can set up a 1-hour appointment with a trainer after completion of the youth fitness training.
- The free weight orientation can be requested at any time after passing the YFT. Parent attendance is required during this training session.
- Youth 10-12 must have a parent with them while lifting free weights, after free weight orientation.
TO REGISTER FOR THESE CLASSES VISIT OUR MEMBER WELCOME CENTER.