THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
While we welcome members and community members to enjoy our facilities, programs, and events - we do require compliance with a small number of rules, terms, and conditions that comprise our membership, social media, and cell phone policies.
If you have any questions or concerns about our terms, policies, rules, and expectations - please speak with the President/CEO call 785.825.2151.
Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to behave responsibly and to respect the rights and dignity of others at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or on the property:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or facilities, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Smoking tobacco on YMCA property – All of our YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke-free and tobacco-free environments; this includes e-cigarettes.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property
- Use of YMCA social networking websites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission is detrimental to the community or is in violation of the law.
- Use of cameras or other picture taking or recording devices is not permitted in the locker rooms.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct or other YMCA policies. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision. All decisions are reviewed by the President/CEO and are final.
Schwan's Wellness Center Etiquette
- FOR THEIR SAFETY CHILDREN UNDER 10 are not allowed in the wellness center. They may use the track if accompanied by an adult over 16 and must be within arm's length at all times.
- MEMBERS AGES 10-13 may use the Wellness Center after successfully completing the youth fitness training class. A free weight orientation is available upon completion of the YFT class.
- Ages 10-12 must be accompanied by an adult when using free weights.
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR WELLNESS CENTER AND FELLOW EXERCISER BY:
- RE-RACKING WEIGHTS put away after use.
- CLEAN EQUIPMENT use spray bottles/towels provided to wipe down equipment (when using chalk please keep chalk use to a minimum and wipe up afterward).
- SHARE EQUIPMENT take turns in between sets & respect other’s space.
- NO HORSEPLAY use equipment properly.
- DRESS CODE closed-toed shoes required for ages 10-17. Proper attire/shirts are required. Shirt or tank top must be worn over a sports bra.
- PROPER HYGIENE please deodorize and regularly wash your gym clothes.
- LANGUAGE be respectful by refraining from the use of profanity or excessive yelling.
- PHONE CALLS refrain from phone use while sitting on equipment.
- NON YMCA TRAINERS are not allowed in the facility.
- INSIDE LANE walkers, slower joggers
- PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS ON THE TRACK walk max of 2 people side by side
- CHILDREN UNDER 10 must be accompanied by and within arm’s length of someone over 16 years of age
Inclement Weather Procedures
The Salina Family YMCA will make every attempt to keep the facility open during the winter weather season. The decision to close the facility early or for a full day will be made by the President/CEO based on the situation to ensure the safety of our staff and participants.
If USD 305 closes school due to inclement weather such as ice/snow or hazardous roads, all YMCA programs (including group exercise classes, instructional classes, etc.) that would typically start before 10:00 am will be canceled. This does not include low temperatures or wind chill closures or delays. This will give our leadership team the necessary time to evaluate the weather conditions and make a decision on classes and programs for the remainder of the day.
Early Education Center
When Salina Public Schools (USD 305) closes for hazardous weather conditions, the EEC will open at 8:00 am rather than 6:45 am and will continue to monitor conditions throughout the day. A notice will be sent out via Playerspace to parents.
Y's Kids After School Program
Y’s Kids will be canceled when USD 305 is closed due to hazardous weather. A notice will be sent out via Playerspace to parents.
YMCA members and community participants 18 and older are required to provide a valid photo I.D. and have their photo taken if new to the facility. Members are asked to present their membership cards at check-in and community participants must sign a non-member liability waiver on each visit.
Swim Attire Guidelines
In order to use our pools and whirlpool, we require members and guests to follow our swim attire guidelines found below.
Use of Facilities by Children
Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied and supervised by a parent/adult (ages 16 & up) at all times unless the child is in an organized program. Adults supervising the child must have a membership or buy a day pass to enter the facility, unless the child is participating in youth sports, swim lessons, gymnastics lessons, karate or any paid program.
Only service dogs are allowed.
The use of tobacco products and/or smoking is prohibited in all YMCA facilities and on all YMCA grounds. This includes e-cigarettes.
YMCA members 18 and older may bring up to 2 guests at a time free of charge. However, a person may only be a guest twice a year for free. Day passes may be purchased at the Member Welcome Center.
Sex Offender Policy
The Salina Family YMCA is a facility that screens all participants through a national database for registered sex offenders. The Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of a crime that is sexual in nature or is a registered sex offender.
Schwan's Wellness Center Dress Code
The YMCA is a family-friendly facility, please dress appropriately.
- Shirts or tank tops must be worn that cover the chest, including over a sports bra. Patrons must have chest sensitive areas covered and a minimal amount of waistline may be exposed.
- Shorts must provide complete coverage.
- Closed-toed shoes are required for anyone under the age of 18.
YMCA staff reserves the right to ask someone to change their shirt/shorts if it is deemed that it does not meet our dress code.
We know everyone has different tastes and styles. Thank you for respecting our members, staff, and participants by following our updated dress code. Larger signs are in the process of being updated and this policy is in effect immediately.
The Salina Family YMCA does not provide accident insurance for injuries sustained during YMCA activities. Members and community participants participate in programs and use the facility at their own risk and are encouraged to have personal medical insurance coverage.
We have small and ¼ sized lockers available for rent along with your membership dues. You must provide a lock. Additional lockers are also available for free daily use; locks are not provided through the YMCA. Locks must be removed daily from free day-use lockers along with belongings in the locker. Locks left on overnight will be removed and contents placed in the Lost & Found.
Lost and Found
The Salina Family YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items not claimed after two weeks will be donated to a local charity.
Membership fees are non-refundable except for extenuating circumstances.
Membership Cancellation Policy
The monthly bank draft payment plan is a continuous membership payment plan and will continue unless the YMCA is NOTIFIED BY THE 1st OF THE MONTH PRIOR TO THE MONTH CANCELLATION IS BEING REQUESTED (ex: you must cancel by Dec 1 for your January draft to stop). Bank draft cancellations are accepted in person, by written letter with signature or by e-mail, with an acceptance confirmation.
Return Check, Bank Draft, Surecheck
If payment is returned, a $20 fee will be added. Returned items are subject to being sent to Surecheck Brokerage, where an additional $30 will be added. Outstanding balances must be paid in full to either register for programs or to join the Y. Financial assistance discounts are removed and additional late fees added if fees are sent to Surecheck.
Racquetball, Handball Courts
Court reservations may be made no earlier than one day in advance. Courts will be held no longer than ten minutes past reserved time. Eye protection and appropriate shoes are recommended. Racquetball equipment is available upon request. All other activities taking place in a racquetball court will be asked to give up the use of the court if members are waiting to use it for Handball, Racquetball, Paddleball or wallyball. Please note that soccer is PROHIBITED in any of the courts. Exceptions to this policy are regularly scheduled classes held in the courts such as TRX, Karate, and other YMCA programs.
Food and Drink
Only water is permitted in the basketball gymnasiums.
Outside trainers are not permitted to utilize our facility or YMCA property to train others.