Swimming is a great exercise, a challenging sport, effective therapy, a valuable life skill, and just plain fun. There’s no better place to learn than the Y, where we’ve been helping all ages to swim for more than 100 years.
The Salina Family YMCA has been teaching swim classes in our community since 1886. We work with thousands of swimmers of all ages and abilities each year, teaching water safety and swimming skills through private and group swimming lessons, SPLASH water safety through the schools, lifeguard training, and more.
Today, we offer our community:
- 1 Indoor Family Pool with zero-depth entry, fountains, and water slide, with warmer water ideal for swim lessons, group exercise, water therapy, and water walking
- 1 Indoor Lap Lane Pool with lane space for fitness swimming, water walking, upper-level swim classes, and group exercise
- 1 Whirlpool
A note to parents and caregivers regarding YMCA Swim Lessons: With the uncertainty of Covid, our primary concern is the safety of our staff and members.
- All lower level swim lessons are now Parent/Child lessons. Instructors will teach on the deck as well as from in the water to demonstrate and explain skills.
- All Preschool participants Stages 1-4, School-age participants in Stages 1-3, and Family Group Lesson participants must have a parent, guardian, or older sibling (over age 16) attend and enter the water with them.
- Masks are required to be worn on the pool deck, but may be removed before entering the water.
The Salina Family YMCA strives to create a safe, fun, and encouraging environment for children to develop as swimmers.
Lifeguard & WSI Certifications
The Salina Family YMCA trains and certifies lifeguards and swim instructors for Salina and the surrounding area.
During Open Swim, the Family Pool is available for free swim, fun, and relaxation. Enjoy the pool independently or have family time to play together in the pool.
Tone your muscles and get a cardiovascular workout by swimming laps. Lap swim times are for swimmers who are capable of swimming continuously from one end of the pool to the other. Lanes are first come, first served. Sharing lanes is encouraged if others are waiting to allow more people the opportunity to have a water workout.
Take your skills to the next level with our fitness-oriented Master’s Swim for ages 18 and up. Begins the 1st of the month/ monthly sessions
M/W 7:30-8:30 PM
$50/Punch Card=10 Swims
SPLASH Water Safety Program
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. SPLASH Water Safety program ensures children learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely.