UNLOCKING YOUR CHILD'S POTENTIAL AFTER SCHOOL
Our program nurtures a child’s potential, ensuring the development of healthy, trusting relationships that build confidence and character. Activities include academic enrichment and structured activities that provide kids with physical activity, hands-on experiences, engaging activities, healthy snacks, and arts and crafts.
Y's Kids After School Care enrollment will OPEN July 1 for the 2022-2023 school year. Afterschool care begins on August 11.
For additional information contact Angeles De Leon at Adeleon@salinaymca.org.
Our program runs Mon-Fri from the end of the school day until 6:00 PM.
- Coronado, Meadowlark, Srewart, and Sunset (Schilling) students will report to their gym for Y’s Kids.
- Cottonwood, Heusner, and Oakdale students are bused from their school to the YMCA.
Full Time (3-5 days/week)
- Member $165/month
- Non-member $215/month
Part Time (1-2 days/week)
- Member $95/month
- Non-member $145/month
A $65 fee will need to be paid upon registration that will be applied to first month fees.
Financial assistance is avaliable. DCF funds accepted.
Need childcare on days USD 305 has no school? Bring them to the Y!
- Hours: 7:30 am- 6:00 pm
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack are provided.
- You must register and pay for full days a week prior. Day of registrations will not be accepted.
- If a child is registered and does not attend, and does not give a minimum of 24 hours notice, payment is still required and no refund will be given as limited spaces are available.
- Member $25/day
- Non-member $45/day
Children with Special Needs
Our goal is to meet the individual needs of each child within the structure of our program while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of the children and staff. Children with special physical and emotional needs will be accepted if the program is determined to be in the child’s best interest. Families with special needs children must schedule an interview with the School-Age Coordinator prior to attendance.
Peace of Mind
Y's Kids is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).
All staff undergoes comprehensive background checks. Counselors are trained in:
- Child Development/School Age Activities
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Signs & Symptoms of Childhood Illness & Abuse