PLAY ALL DAY
Need someone to watch the kids while you enjoy Y activites? We've got you covered.
We recognize that exercising regularly is easier said than done when you have small children. The Kids Gym is a fun and safe place for children to play while parents enjoy the Y. Toys, games, playground area and stories are provided. Our caring and professional Kids Gym staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of your child during their visit.
For additional information contact our Sr. Director of Youth Development, Heather Neuhofel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your child may be in the Kids Gym for 2 hours during a morning shift and an afternoon shift.
- Mon - Fri 7:45a - 12:00p
- Mon - Thru 4:00p - 8:00p
- Friday 4:00p - 7:00p
- Saturday 8:50a - 12:00p
- Sunday CLOSED
It is the discretion of the Kids Gym Staff to close early if there are no children 1/2 hour before the regular closing time.
- Monthly bank draft (best deal!) | $15.00/mo (1 child) $20.00/mo (2+ children)
- Pay as you go | $5/child each visit
- Corporate rates available.
- $2 per minute late fee will be applied for every minute your child is left in the Kids Gym after your 2-hour limit has passed and/or after closing.
- All children must be checked-in and out by the same parent/guardian (18+).
- As Kids Gym is not a licensed child care center, use of Kids Gym is restricted to 2 hours during a morning shift and an afternoon shift.
- A parent/guardian MUST remain on YMCA property during the child’s stay. Using the Y Fields/Trails are permitted, but an emergency contact number will be required. Failure to comply will result in the revocation of Kids Gym services.
- My child is wearing shoes and socks and is dressed for play, crafts, etc.
- My child is in a clean diaper or has used the restroom.
- My child is well-fed/nursed. All personal items are labeled with my child’s name.
- I have brought all the items needed to care for my child (plenty of diapers, wipes, and prepared bottles).
Diapering & Potty Accidents
We will page you if your child needs a diaper change, had a potty accident or needs assistance.
Some children take time to adjust to new environments. If attempts to calm a crying child are unsuccessful after 10 minutes we will page the parent.
Food & Drink
Please bring ONLY water or pre-measured bottles for infants. Drinks MUST be in a spill-proof cup. Dry snacks are permitted but, no candy or gum is allowed.
Children showing signs of illness will not be allowed in Kids Gym. A child must be symptom-free for 24 hours in order to return. If your child has a communicable illness or head lice, please notify the Kids Gym staff immediately so appropriate action can be taken. If a child is excused from school for an illness they are not permitted in the Kids Gym.
Medical Incident Procedures
In the event of an accident, injury, or medical incident requiring more than basic First Aid, a child’s parent/guardian will be paged immediately and a staff member will call 911 as deemed necessary. Our caring and professional staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Discipline & Behavior Issues
Our goal is to develop self-discipline and respect for others. When necessary, the following age-appropriate discipline will be used:
- We will use logical consequences and redirect children displaying inappropriate behavior. In some cases, supervised removal (time out) may be used.
- If a child is having excessive problems (i.e. biting, hitting, etc.) the parent will be paged and the child will be removed from Kids Gym.
- If behavioral issues continue, a child will be asked not to return for a period of time determined by the Kids Gym Coordinator.
In the event of a tornado, the Kids Gym staff will escort children to the Family/COED locker room. Parents will be allowed to check out their child once all the children are safe.