In consideration for participating in Salina Family YMCA activities, I hereby release, waive, discharge and hold harmless Salina Family YMCA, their officers, agents and employees (hereinafter refereed to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury that may be sustained by me, my children or to any property belonging to me, regardless of the cause; including negligence, while upon the premises where the activity is being conducted or in transportation to and form said premises.
I certify that I or my children’s present level of physical condition is consistent with the demands of active participation. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with YMCA activities, including swimming, emergency medical care and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate or to have my children participate in said activity and assume the risks associated with the activity.
I further hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees, that may be incurred due my participation of my children’s participation in said activity, whether caused by negligence of RELEASEES or otherwise.
I understand that the Salina Family YMCA will not be responsible for any medical costs associated with any injury I or my children may sustain. As a parent and/or guardian, I authorize the treatment of participants as deemed necessary by medical professionals in the event of a medical emergency.
I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations of the Salina Family YMCA concerning my conduct or the conduct of my children and not to violate said rules of any directive or instruction made by the person or persons in charge of said activity. I will further assume the complete risk of any activity done by me or my children in violation of any rule, directive or instruction.
I understand that full payment of the birthday party is due the day of the birthday party. Should a bank return an EFT or check for insufficient funds, I will be charged a fee of $25 per occurrence. The YMCA reserves the right to issue credit or refunds at its discretion in the event of program cancellation or as special circumstances arise.
In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that I am at least 18 years of age, I have read and understand this waiver, and I voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements inducements, apart from foregoing written agreement have been made.
It is the policy of the Salina Family YMCA to deny membership or guest access to any individual listed on any sexual and/or violent offender registry. The Salina Family YMCA will periodically check memberships for records for criminal history.
Pool Rules apply to Grand Slam and Pool Party Birthday Party Attendees.
Pool rules are in place and enforced to ensure the safety of all swimmers. Please look them over and share with your group/family prior to arrival.
- Obey lifeguards
- Take a good shower (hair & all)
- Walk please
- Swim diapers only
- No food or gum
- No hanging on the ropes
- No flips or twirling off the side
- No prolonged breath holding
- Enter water facing forward from the stripes/lowest part of the deck
- No one under 18 yo in water deeper than their armpits unless they pass the deep end test/have bracelet or are with a parent or guardian within arms’ reach
- PFDs are available for use, but swimmers must still adhere to the deep end rule – those without a deep end bracelet must still stay within armpit depth
- No mermaid tails, mermaid suits or fins that restrict swimming ability
- No diving
- Do not cross, walk or sit on the island
- No standing or jumping off bench seat at the 2’
- Do not enter restricted areas
- Riders must be 48 inches tall – NO EXCEPTIONS
- No swim goggles allowed
- Single riders only
- No one is allowed to catch a rider off the slide
- Riders must go feet first (lying on back or sitting up)
- Riders must wait for lifeguard to signal before going up stairs/down slide
- Arms & legs must stay inside slide at all times
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in slide
- After ride exit quickly AT THE LADDER
- After exiting the slide, swimmers w/out a deep-end bracelet must WALK AROUND THE POOL to re-enter at the shallow end
- Swimmers must be 48” tall – SLIDE HEIGHT; pole may be used for measuring
- Swimmers must keep their heads above the water
- No equipment in the vortex
- No more that 5 at a time
**CLARIFICATION OF AGE LIMITS IN FAMILY POOL
- Children 5 yrs. and younger must have a parent IN THE WATER with them, within arms’ reach, at all times.
- Children 6 and 7 yrs. old may swim without a parent in the water with them, but the parent must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Children 8 yrs. and older may swim unattended during Open Swim times.
- A DEEP END TEST is required for anyone wanting to swim in water deeper than their armpits. Swimmers must retake the test every time they come swimming.