DOWN. SET. HIKE!
In Youth Flag Football boys and girls focus on teamwork in a positive and structured environment. Children will learn how to throw, catch, run plays, and other techniques of the game that will keep them active and help them develop skills such as hand-eye coordination. In addition, children will have an opportunity to develop leadership skills and build self-esteem as they improve their technique.
Season takes place during the fall. For students in grades K-6th.
Parents are encouraged to be more than mere spectators, by contributing their time as volunteer coaches - as well as being their kid's greatest fan. Sign up to be a volunteer coach HERE!
No refunds will be offered on jerseys or registrations after the season’s registration deadline.
For additional information contact our Sports Director, Amy Yenzer, at email@example.com or 785.404.4025
Athletes are required to wear a YMCA jersey for all YMCA sports. Jerseys can be purchased for $15 and may be picked up at the front desk. You will only need to purchase a jersey again if your child outgrows it.
You will need to supply a mouth guard which is a required item. Cleats are optional.
Early Bird Registration
June 27-July 11, 2022
Full Price Registration
July 12-August 1, 2022
A $10 late fee will be added to registrations accepted by the Sports Director after August 1.
- Practices start the week of Aug 29
- Games: Sep 17-Oct 22 - Games played on Saturdays
- No practices held over Labor Day Weekend! Friday, September 2-Monday, September 5
- Coaches Meeting: Aug 11
- Athletes are asked to please bring water bottles with them to practice and games.
- 6 Saturday Games - All game schedules are posted on PlayerSpace
- Players will play a min. of half of each game
- Each team will be coached by Volunteer Coaches
- Practice Day and Time will depend on Coach