CHANGE LIVES - CHANGE YOUR COMMUNITY
As one of the leading nonprofits and volunteer-led organization, the Salina Family YMCA is a dynamic association of men, women, and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. We offer opportunities for individuals, families, and organizations to volunteer in ways that let you connect and develop meaningful relationships, all while making an impact in the community you live in and care about.
At the Y, you'll be part of a cause to strengthen the foundations of our community, championed by volunteers since our local start in 1886. Join us and be part of an effort to give back 1,000,000 HOURS to our community annually. It is through the commitment and dedication of volunteers that the Y achieves its mission every day.
Together, we'll change lives and change our community.
NINE REASONS TO VOLUNTEER
These are the most common reasons people volunteer at the Salina Family YMCA:
- EXPLORE - Try a profession while building your resume and network
- LEARN - Become a stronger leader with new skills and increased confidence
- FULFILL - An urge inside you or a requirement for school or other obligations
- MEET - New people with different perspectives, backgrounds, and talents
- SUPPORT - A cause, your community, something important to you and others
- LIVE - Put your faith in action as you serve and share your gifts
- BOND - Nurture relationships with friends, dates, or the whole family
- GIVE - Share time and talent with an organization committed to well-being
- FEEL - Reduce your stress, improve your health, and enjoy the accomplishment
READY TO GET STARTED?
- STEP 1 - Check out CURRENT and ONGOING volunteer needs by completing our online application to find a match between your talents and our needs.
- STEP 2 - Fill out an application for COACHING, or VOLUNTEERING.
- STEP 3 - Get ready. We'll follow up with you as soon as possible to talk about your application and/or to get you started as a coach or volunteer.