Need someone to watch the kids while you enjoy Y activities? We’ve got you covered.
Our caring and professional Kids Gym staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of your child during their visit. In addition, staff members work hard to develop a variety of age-appropriate activities to keep your child active and engaged in Kids Gym.
Your child may be in the Kids Gym for 2 hours during a morning shift and an afternoon shift.
Mon - Fri 7:45a - 12:00p
Mon - Thru 4:00 - 8:00p
Friday 4:00 - 7:00p
Saturday 8:50a - 12:00p
It is the discretion of the Kids Gym Staff to close early if there are no children 1/2 hour before the regular closing time.
Monthly Bank Draft: (Best deal!) | $15.00/mo (1 child) $20.00/mo (2+ children)
Pay as you go | $5/child each visit
Corporate Rates available
$2 per minute will be applied for every minute your child is left in the Kids Gym after your 2-hour limit has passed and after closing
- All children must have an enrollment form, signed by a parent/guardian (18+), on-file at Kids Gym before they can be checked-in.
- Only the parent/guardian who checks a child into Kids Gym may check that child out.
- As Kids Gym is not a licensed child care center, use of Kids Gym is restricted to 2 hours during a morning shift and an afternoon shift.
- Late pick-up may result in a $2 per minute fee and/or loss of service.
- A parent/guardian MUST remain on YMCA property during the child’s stay. Using the Y Fields/Trails are permitted, but an emergency contact number will be required. Failure to comply will result in the revocation of Kids Gym services.
- Check List
- My child is wearing shoes and socks and is dressed for play, crafts, etc.
- My child is in a clean diaper or has used the restroom.
- My child is well-fed/nursed. All personal items are labeled with my child’s name.
- I have brought all the items needed to care for my child (plenty of diapers, wipes, and prepared bottles).
- First Time Users
Before you leave your children in the Kids Gym, we ask that you read our Policy Overview and sign an enrollment form.
For your child’s safety, socks are required to be worn at all times. Please ensure that all children arrive in a dry and clean diaper.
- Diapering & Potty Accidents
We will page you if your child needs a diaper change or had a potty accident.
If attempts to calm a crying child are unsuccessful after 15 minutes we will page the parent.
- Food & Drink
Please bring ONLY water or pre-measured bottles for infants. Drinks MUST be in a spill-proof cup. Dry snacks are permitted but, no candy or gum is allowed.
Children showing signs of illness will not be allowed in Kids Gym. A child must be symptom-free for 24 hours in order to return. If your child has a communicable illness or head lice, please notify the Kids Gym staff immediately so appropriate action can be taken. If a child is excused from school for an illness they are not permitted in the Kids Gym.
- Medical Incident Procedures
In the event of an accident, injury, or medical incident requiring more than basic First Aid, a child’s parent/guardian will be paged immediately and a staff member will call 911 as deemed necessary. Our caring and professional staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Discipline & Behavior Issues
Our goal is to develop self-discipline and respect for others. When necessary, the following age-appropriate discipline will be used:
- We will use logical consequences and redirect children displaying inappropriate behavior. In some cases, supervised removal (time out) may be used.
- If a child is having excessive problems (i.e. biting, hitting, etc.) the parent will be paged and the child will be removed from Kids Gym.
- If behavioral issues continue, a child will be asked not to return for a period of time determined by the Kids Gym Coordinator.
- Tornado Procedures
In the event of a tornado, the Kids Gym staff will escort children to the Family/COED locker room. Parents will be allowed to check out their child once all the children are safe.
For additional questions contact our Youth & Family Coordinator at 785.825.2151.