The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to behave responsibly and to respect the rights and dignity of others at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or on the property:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or facilities, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Smoking tobacco on YMCA property – All of our YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke-free and tobacco-free environments; this includes e-cigarettes.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property
- Use of YMCA social networking websites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission is detrimental to the community or is in violation of the law.
- Use of cameras or other picture taking or recording devices is not permitted in the locker rooms.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct or other YMCA policies. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision. All decisions are reviewed by the President/CEO and are final.