Face Masks are Required
The Salina Family YMCA will comply with the statewide face mask mandate starting Monday, 7/10 - see our full policy here.
Based on Governor Kelly's Executive Order No. 20-52 requiring face masks in the state of Kansas, the Salina Family YMCA will begin requiring face masks for individuals inside our facilities starting on Monday. There are exceptions, consistent with the Governor's language, and this policy may change based on pending county-specific responses. We all have a role to play in protecting public health - including wearing face masks and taking other simple steps - amidst ongoing COVID-19 concerns.
The following is our official policy language:
Effective MONDAY, JULY 6th the Salina Family YMCA is requiring face masks (covering the mouth and nose) for everyone inside our facilities at all times except:
Face masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required when:
- Entering the building
- In hallways, Locker Rooms or
- On the pool deck
- Children (ages 0-5)
- Children and staff in our licensed childcare programs (EEC and Camp) per KDHE
- Any individual with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
When an individual is actively engaging in the following activities:
- Exercising and/or using equipment on fitness floors
- Participating in group exercise classes or programs in studios
- Playing recreational or organized sports in gyms or on courts
- Swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering (required on deck)
- Eating or drinking
We strongly encourage everyone to:
- Be respectful to staff. They are being required to enforce this ordinance.
- Practice social distancing (maintain a minimum of 6 feet from others).
- Do not come into the YMCA if you are ill.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use sanitizer if hand washing is not available
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION