Baked Sweet Potato Fries
No fryer needed here. Consider making a double batch, these are addictive.
Keep in mind that baking time may vary depending on how large you cut your sweet potatoes and how accurate your oven is. We like to keep the skins on for sweet potato fries, but if you prefer them without, go ahead and peel them.
Makes 4 Servings
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- More salt for sprinkling over baked fries (we like flaky sea salt)
- Homemade ketchup, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil then slide into the oven so they become hot.
- Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch sticks. Add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tumble sweet potatoes onto hot baking sheets and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown.
- Bake fries, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 15 to 25 minutes. The fries are done when the surface looks dry and the fries have puffed up a little. Don’t fret if the edges become brown, they will taste more caramelized than burnt.
- Serve fries with a sprinkle of extra salt on top.