HERE'S YOUR SHOT
Youth basketball at the Y combines team play and individual skills in a fun and supportive environment. Boys & Girls develop basketball skills including passing, receiving, shooting, footwork and dribbling. Not only will children have an opportunity to improve their technique, but they'll also build social skills, gain confidence and develop leadership skills.
For students in grades K-6th
- Uniform: Reversible jersey sold separately.
- Location: Games played on YMCA courts.
- Features: Six Saturday games, 1 practice per week, equal playing time, parent volunteer coaches.
- Basketball is offered in the winter.
Little Tikes is an instructional program for children ages 4-5 designed to introduce sports in a non-competitive and fun environment. Parents and children will participate together to learn the basic skills in a fun atmosphere that brings families closer together. The program requires a minimum of 1 parent to attend. This program helps to prepare children for organized sports. Age-appropriate equipment is used. Children will learn sports techniques as well as concepts of playing, sharing, teamwork, and more. Our Y coach staff will facilitate this instructional program.
Little Tike Feature:
- Features: 1 instructional session per week for 6 weeks, each player will receive a basketball.
- Does not feature games.
- Uniform: Basketball shoes preferred.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- Little Tikes Basketball is offered in the winter.
- Reversible Jersey
A reversible jersey will be used for all league sports seasons. You will only need to purchase a jersey again if your child outgrows it. Purchase Separately.
$15/Jersey ($18/For Grades 4th-6th these will have a number)
- Early Bird Registration
Oct 11 - Nov 8, 2021
- Full Price Registration
Nov 9 - 22, 2021
- Coaches Meeting
Monday, December 6, 2021
Begins the week of January 3, 2022
Jan 19 -Feb 19, 2022
For additional information contact our Sports Director at 785.825.2151