LEARN. GROW. THRIVE.
The Salina Family YMCA provides childcare with activities for children ages 6 weeks to school age. Our well-trained staff provides safe, affordable, high-quality, developmentally appropriate care, low child-staff ratios, nutritious snacks and meals and a variety of activities that could include outdoor playtime, swimming and gym activities that help to enhance each child’s physical, social and emotional and cognitive development.
EARLY EDUCATION CENTER
The Early Education Center is for fulltime only care. The goal of the EEC is to provide a quality, enriching, and stimulating developmental preschool/child development program that will help children get a good start in life before they enter school. The EEC wants to reduce the number of at-risk children and improve future educational achievement. Each child's intellectual, physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs will be addressed at his/her level with developmentally appropriate teaching strategies. Breakfast, lunch and snack are provided. A youth membership is required.
Full Day Child Care
Monday thru Friday: 6:45am-5:45pm
Age: 2 1/2 (and potty trained) to school age.
For more information contact:
Michelle Williams, Early Education Center Coordinator
Y'S KIDS CLUB AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Y’s Kids Afterschool programs and Full Days at the Y are more than a safe place for your child. Our program nurtures a child’s potential, ensuring the development of healthy, trusting relationships that build confidence and character. Activities, including: Academic enrichment and homework help, structured activities that provide kids with physical activity, hands-on, engaging activities, healthy snacks and arts and crafts.
Y's Kids is for Kindergarten to 5th graders. Y's Kids Club is a state licensed after school program from dismissal time to 6 pm at the YMCA. Children will be bused from their school to the YMCA.
Enrollment is on-going throughout the entire school year, so you may enroll your child in the program at any time
PART-TIME CARE INFORMATION
Part-time children can only attend on the days they are registered for. A payment for the days registered for is required even if the child does not attend that many days. Care cannot be switched in the middle of the month if already attending Y’s Kids. Full time slots will be given first priority. If we are at capacity and a full-time child would like to enroll, the last enrolled part-time child will have the option to go to full time care or have a two week notice to find alternative care so the new full-time child can have that spot
FULL DAYS INFORMATION
- On Full Days at the Y, all children need to bring a lunch with a drink. Please avoid foods that need refrigeration or are low in nutritional value, as well as those that have excess sugar and fat.
- Full Days are 7:30 am—6:00 pm on days in which school is not in session.
- You must register for full days.
- Parents will be notified in advance of field trips and a field trip form should be signed and returned by parents before the child can participate.
- If child is registered and does not attend, and does not give a minimum of 24 hours notice, payment is still required and no refund will be given as limited spaces are available.
Children do not have to participate in Y's Kids Club afterschool to participate in Full Days.
No one is turned away for inability to pay. Scholarships for Y's Kids Club are available. DCF is also accepted.
FEE POLICY & LATE FEE INFORMATION
- Monthly payments are due by the 3rd of each month for the upcoming month. This includes DCF, EBT and full pay.
- Payments that are received after the due date will be subject to a $25.00 late fee that will be applied on the 4th of the month. Financial assistance will not be applied to late fees.
- If a payment is not made by the 10th of the current month, the child cannot attend the program until payment is made. The child’s spot will not be saved.
- Payments can be made online, through a monthly bank draft or at the YMCA. For security purposes, payments will not be accepted by program staff.
- Rates are a flat monthly rate and will not be prorated for illnesses, absences or personal vacation.
- If special circumstances arise, please notify the School-Age Coordinator as soon as possible to work through the situation.
- Any account that is not paid will be turned over to Sure Check Collection Agency. In addition, a $50 service fee will be applied to any outstanding account sent to collections. Financial assistance will not be given to accounts that are sent to collections and late fees will be applied.
- There will be a late fee assessed for children that are picked up late. After a five-minute grace period, a fee of $1.00 per minute will be charged. If the staff determines that certain families are abusing the grace period, those families will no longer be provided a grace period and late fees will begin at 6:00 pm.
- A late fee pick up form will be provided for parent’s signature by the staff documenting time of pick up and late fee charges. Fees will be added to your child’s account and payment will be required for participation the following month.
- The Police will be contacted if child has not been picked up by 6:30 pm. YMCA staff will make every effort to contact parents, emergency contacts, and additional authorized persons to pick up child before authorities are called.
For more information contact:
Marti Higdon, School-Age Coordinator
This new space is designed to provide child watch services for children from 6 weeks to 9 years of age in one room. This service is available to YMCA members who are working out, coaching a sport or utilizing our River Trail. A parent or guardian is required to be on-site while the child is in the Kid's Gym.
Parents are encouraged to bring a labeled diaper bag for infants and toddlers. We ask that parents refrain from bringing individual toys for their children. Each child's visit to the Kid's Gym should not exceed 2 hours. See Kid's Gym Handbook for more information.
||7:50 am-1:00 pm
||7:50 am-1:00 pm
||9:00 am-2:00 pm
There are three ways to pay for Nursery/Kids' Gym.
1. Single Visit - $5.00
2. Punch Card - 10 visits for $30.00
3. Monthly bank draft with your membership fee - unlimited use
i. $15.00/month for single child
ii. $20.00/month for two or more children
Please make all purchases at the Membership Services Desk.
For more information, contact:
Marie Grant, Youth & Family Coordinator