WE'RE BUILDING SOMETHING BETTER!
Be in the know! Stay updated throughout our renovation process by viewing this webpage weekly.
To view all of our renovation videos click HERE
Renovation Update Week of September 8th
Main Locker Room Demolition
HVAC Ductwork CONT:
Systems 4 have continued the installation of the new VRF aluminum ductwork throughout the locker rooms. Here they are installing it above the showers in the women’s locker room.
Maas Paint and Paper based out of Solomon Kansas, have been subcontracted to paint the new locker rooms and mechanical areas. They are using an industrial sprayer to apply the first of at least three coats to the walls. Here they are painting the mechanical room so the exterior electrical conduit can be installed by Accurate Electric.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 17TH
- Start the installation of the hard ceiling that will be placed above the wet areas in the locker rooms.
- Electrical will continue installing wiring.
- HVAC ductwork will continue through the locker rooms.
- Continuation of replacing the second floor domestic water lines.
- Possibility of the replacement of the railing in the Health and Wellness Center.
We are still on schedule! The opening of the new locker rooms will be in February 2018. The opening of the coffee room and intergenerational room will be in May 2018.
DID you know?
- There is a changing area, lockers and rinse off only showers on the pool deck. You can by-pass the temporary locker rooms if you are only wishing to gain access to the pool.
- We were able to collaborate with Salina Iron and Metal and have all of our metal fixtures and lockers from the locker rooms collected. Nearly 16 tons (31,760 lbs.) was sold for scrap metal, totaling nearly $900!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Why are you taking the time and money to install a temporary locker room. Couldn't people just take showers at home?
- For our afterschool licensed Y’s Kids and Summer Camp SWAT programs, we must have one flushable toilet and one sink for every 30 children. In addition we have many members that need the use of showers before work and during the lunch area and we wanted to try to accommodate as many as we can during this time.
- I pay for a rental locker. What will happen to my stuff?
- We will have a specific number of small kit lockers in the temporary space for those that are paying for locker service in addition to day use lockers. We will have additional day use lockers in the general area outside of the pool doors and on the pool deck for convenience.
- What’s next after temporary locker rooms are done?
- They will begin building a wall to surround the locker rooms to begin demolition.
TEMPORARY LOCKER ROOMS/ LOCKER ROOM DEMO
Each locker room will have 3 toilets, 3 sinks, and 2 showers. We must have one flushable toilet and one sink for every thirty children that are enrolled in our state licensed after school/summer day camp programs. Therefore, a new sewer line was installed and was connected to our existing system.
FAMILY TEMPORARY LOCKER ROOMS/ LOCKER ROOM DEMO
Across from the male and female temporary locker rooms will be the third temporary locker room. This will accommodate those with special needs and will be co-ed. There will be two ADA showers, a toilet, adult changing table and a baby changing table.
Members who pay to reserve a kit locker will still have access to do so. Some rental lockers will be placed in the temporary space and others will be located in other areas of the facility. We will notify those members once we have a date in which we will transfer items. Numbers may change, but access will still be provided.
Access to the pools from the temporary space will be through the hall and emergency doors in the lower areas across from the elevator.
We are also looking to install a few temporary "RINSE OFF" showers on the pool deck.
We are researching the opportunity to install an above ground temporary whirlpool on the pool deck for member use.
The steam rooms will be unavailable during the demolition and building of the new locker rooms. Each of the adult locker rooms will have one steam room at the conclusion of the renovation.
Thank you to Blake Barrett and “Gourmet to Go” for supplying the ice for our orange water coolers that are located throughout the building. They are donating the ice for the duration of the renovation.
** Please note these pictures are subject to change
Coffee and Social Area with entrance to a new meeting room
Lower Level Lobby - Entrance into the Wellness Center
Universal Locker Room - 2 different Views