The Heritage Club is an organization of people who have demonstrated their long-term interest and support of the Salina Family YMCA by either a direct contribution to the Endowment Fund or by including the YMCA in their estate plans.
The YMCA Heritage Club’s purpose is to encourage thoughtful gifts as a primary means of building a strong endowment capable of providing lasting support for the YMCA’s mission and to recognize members whose leadership, service and devotion to the YMCA have created this heritage.
Membership in the Heritage Club requires a commitment, which now, or in the future, will add to the YMCA of Salina’s Endowment Fund.
The goal of the Heritage Club is to establish an Endowment Fund of sufficient size, which supports and sustains the development of vital program activities that help individuals: Appreciate the value of physical fitness, spiritual commitment and mental well being, as important gifts and conditions to be achieved and maintained.
- Develop and enhance confidence and self-esteem.
- Develop capacities for leadership and use them responsibly in the service of others.
- Grow as responsible members of their families and the community.
- Recognize the worth of all persons.
There are a variety of gift programs available to qualify for Heritage Club membership, which may include:
- An outright Gift of cash, securities or property.
- A charitable Remainder Trust which provides a lifetime income to the donor of their designates.
- A Gift Annuity or Pooled Income Fund.
- Naming the YMCA as beneficiary or owner in Life Insurance Policy.
- A Bequest in One’s Will.
- Memorial Gifts honoring a loved one through the establishments of a memorial endowment fund.
- Gifts to the YMCA Endowment Fund may be directed to the Association in general or to a specific program.
For more information on The Heritage Club, please contact Angie Lassley at 785.825.2151.
The Y is a volunteer-led, community-owned, 501c3 nonprofit organization, and any income is reinvested to meet local needs.